Eien no Kagrra,
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Eien no Kagrra,

An English forum about Kagrra,

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How to 'create' the Koto sound??

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
neco J'House

neco J'House

How to 'create' the Koto sound?? Empty
PostSubject: How to 'create' the Koto sound??   How to 'create' the Koto sound?? EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 6:37 pm

can somebody please help me....
i am planing on joining some stage performance at my campus...
i mean i'm just going to be the singer...and some friends will help me with the instruments..
and now we're getting confused when it's about the Koto sound...

okay, maybe, we can just ignore it and go all the way without it...
but, i feel so uncomfortable...
i still want the Koto...T___T

do you guys have any suggestion on what should i do to produce that sound of Koto...??
or maybe you can tell me another instrument which can be used as a substitute of Koto....??
please...please...
i really want to sing Utakata perfectly...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/necobe
boris.

PostSubject: Re: How to 'create' the Koto sound??   How to 'create' the Koto sound?? EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 9:05 pm

Just use a computer and program it. Easy peasy!
Back to top Go down
schala

schala

PostSubject: Re: How to 'create' the Koto sound??   How to 'create' the Koto sound?? EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 6:27 am

whoa, it'll be very nice to have Utakata as one of your songs to perform~ XD

but well, I don't have much to suggest, I suppose, but I also think of any programming you can use on computer to produce the sound~ but if you think of any musical instruments to substitute with, I don't know for sure whether sanshin would be suitable enough since in my opinion both are quite distinct Sad according to my sensei, at Sarinah there's a place we can learn sanshin, but I've never been there~ T__T
Back to top Go down
Niensama
Admin
Niensama

PostSubject: Re: How to 'create' the Koto sound??   How to 'create' the Koto sound?? EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 7:11 pm

Damn, I should have been more active on this forum..
Cuz.. I've played a song on my classical guitar once, and that song was imitating the koto sound..
(But it doesn't sound as bright as a real koto though..)
Anyway, one of the techniques is to put your hand close to the bridge. Or the most prettiest way of imitating the koto sound is using 'fake harmonics'
I hope you know what 'fake harmonics' are, because it's hard for me to explain on the internet (especially in English ^_^v)
Back to top Go down
https://eien-no-kagrra.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to 'create' the Koto sound??   How to 'create' the Koto sound?? Empty

Back to top Go down

How to 'create' the Koto sound??
Page 1 of 1